Call Us: 908-464-0023
269 Springfield Ave. Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Includes Bloodwork and IV Fluids
$450 Dental Special
Our Dental Special includes a complete dental cleaning, scaling and polishing to promote oral health.
During the procedure, we continually monitor blood pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen status and temperature.
One of the best ways to extend the life of your pet is to take care of their teeth. Like humans, pets are susceptible to tartar build-up and periodontal disease. Infected gums and abscessed teeth can be sources of potential infection to the kidneys, liver and heart. We recommend an annual dental exam and teeth cleaning to preserve your pet’s healthy teeth and gums.
Dog Teeth Brushing
Our dentistry services for dogs and cats include:
- Ultrasonic Scaling & Polishing of the teeth
- Dental Extractions as needed
- Oral Surgery
- Diagnosis & Treatment of Periodontal Disease
- Gingival Tumor Removals
- Gingival Flap Procedures
We adhere to the strictest anesthetic & pain management protocols to ensure the safety and comfort of your pet.
The Dental Procedure
Proper cleaning of the teeth requires complete cooperation of the patient so that tartar on the cheek and tongue sides of the teeth may be removed. A general anesthetic is used to facilitate doing a thorough job. The veterinarian will perform a physical exam prior to the procedure to check general health and heart function. However, because there is always the possibility that a physical exam alone may not identify all health problems, we require pre-anesthetic blood tests be performed within 30-days of the procedure. We will use the information obtained from these tests to tailor an anesthetic protocol especially for your pet so that it will be as safe and comfortable as possible during the dental procedure. First a pre-anesthetic medication is given to your pet as well as an injection of antibiotics. Then the general anesthetic is administered and our trained technical staff will clean and polish the teeth under the supervision of our doctors and registered veterinary technicians. Next the doctor will examine the mouth for any signs of infected or loose teeth, gingival tumors, or other lesions. Once these issues have been addressed, the mouth is given a last rinse with an antiseptic solution and the teeth are polished. Your pet will awaken in our intensive care area under direct supervision.
- Nothing to eat or drink after 8:00pm the night before the procedure.
- Check-in with the is doctor between 9:00am and 9:15am on the morning of the procedure. The doctor will discuss discharge times and aftercare instructions.
- Offer a light meal and water that evening, and resume normal feeding the next day.
- Pain medication will be dispensed for your pet if deemed necessary
- Between cleanings, maintain an at-home dental hygiene regimen that includes:
- Dental Food, Treats and Chews –to help minimize plaque bacteria.
- Rinses that are easy to use by adding to their drinking water.
- Brushing your pet’s teeth regularly with pet tooth paste is the best way to take care of your pet’s teeth.
Our Hours of Operation
As of 1/1/20
Monday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
ASK THE VET
Connect With Us:
What Our Clients Say
Read our reviews to see if our hospital is a good fit for you and your pet.
Berkeley Heights Animal Hospital has been caring for your sick pets since 1976. Located on Springfield Ave, our hospital offers cutting-edge veterinary care such as vaccines, surgical procedures, dog and cat spays/neuters and much more. We will treat your pet like family!
Address: 269 Springfield Ave, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Phone: (908) 464-0023