Call Us: 908-464-0023
269 Springfield Ave. Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Why should I spay or neuter my cat or dog?
- We recommend you spay or neuter your pet at 6 months of age
- Unspayed females are at a higher risk for mammary tumors and uterine infection (pyometra), a very critical and costly surgery.
- Female dogs and cats never completely stop going into heat, so there are potential problems of pregnancy at an advanced age.
- Unneutered males can develop behavior problems such as urinating in the house or spraying on the furniture; mounting people or objects; and aggressive tendencies making them less desirable companions.
- By spaying and neutering our pets, we can all help to reduce the overpopulation of dogs and cats.
Why should I have the surgery at Berkeley Heights Animal Hospital?
- We require pre-operative blood work prior to any surgery to be sure your pet is healthy enough for anesthesia.
- IV fluids are administered during the surgery to help sustain body temperature, fluid and electrolyte levels.
- Your pet is given a sedative and pain management medication prior to surgery to minimize anxiety and discomfort.
- A sterile surgical pack is used, just as in a human hospital, to minimize the risk of post surgical infection.
- We offer a choice of laser surgery.
- Your pet is on a heated surgery table to maintain their body temperature.
- Your pet is electronically monitored while under anesthesia to measure their heart rate and oxygen level within their body.
- A highly trained veterinary technician monitors your pet the entire time they are under anesthesia and until they are fully recovered.
- Your pet will recover in an ICU cage on a soft fleece blanket.
- Your pet receives a complimentary pedicure while under anesthesia and suture removal, if necessary, in 10 to 14 days.
Our Hours of Operation
Monday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Tuesday: 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Thursday: 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
ASK THE VET
Connect With Us:
What Our Clients Say
Read our reviews to see if our hospital is a good fit for you and your pet.
Berkeley Heights Animal Hospital has been caring for your sick pets since 1976. Located on Springfield Ave, our hospital offers cutting-edge veterinary care such as vaccines, surgical procedures, dog and cat spays/neuters and much more. We will treat your pet like family!
Address: 269 Springfield Ave, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Phone: (908) 464-0023